If this is your first time visiting, this page is where I recommend starting for the most important tips about hacking (aka growing) your wealth.
What is wealth hacking?
Wealth hacking = smart, efficient strategies to earn, save, and invest.
The goal = achieve financial independence as rapidly as possible.
How HYW can help you
Hack Your Wealth provides step-by-step educational content on each of the following aspects of wealth management.
I share strategies on building multiple, diversified income streams, in 3 ways in particular: stock investing, real estate investing, and side business income.
Not only does income diversification reduce the risk of your job as your sole income source; it also gives you flexibility to take the “long view” in your career: to choose the lower paying but more interesting gig that has better long-term prospects; to focus on growing side income into a full income so you can leave your job for good; or simply to take a break from work and spend extra time with loved ones.
Ever since I earned my first dollar online, I’ve internalized just how amazing passive income is, how empowering it is to work for oneself, and how motivating it is to have you and your customers determine your success (and earning potential) vs. some corporate boss.
My goal now is to develop financial independence by building sufficient alternate passive income streams such that I no longer need my day job. As I experiment toward this goal, I’ll show you my strategies and results along the way. And I’ll show you how you can spin up your own side projects to create alternate income streams as well.
My goal is to show you hacks and strategies for reducing expenses without sacrificing quality of life. This might mean sharing cool deals and tips with you. Or talking scripts on how to negotiate prices you pay for common goods and services. Sometimes it’s combining different strategies together to cut down on expenses.
I’ll show you how to analyze and number-crunch your spending so you know exactly how much is going out vs. coming in and how to get the most for what you pay. Analyzing numbers is a very important skill for building wealth!
My goal here is to share simple techniques for investing and diversifying your wealth without needing an advanced finance degree or secret hedge fund tools.
I’ll share how I (and others) invest our money and manage our risk using mostly free tools and resources. I’ll show you how I make sensible macro bets on entire industries, like healthcare or housing, by analyzing news and financial information and being thoughtful about where a sector is going. While it’s hard to win against Wall Street guys who have proprietary stock info and computer algorithms, the playing field is more level when it comes to making macroeconomic bets. Common sense and thoughtfulness matter most for this type of long-term investing.
I’ll also share lessons and strategies for analyzing real estate and give you useful tools and frameworks for evaluating how to buy / invest in both your own home and rental properties.
How to get started
- Read the best posts on HYW. I recommend checking out the posts below first.
- Get our free tools. You can use the same tools and spreadsheets I use to analyze my income, spending, and net wealth — for free.
- Join our newsletter. If you find our content insightful, I invite you to sign up for our newsletter (below). I share actionable strategies and tools via email (often not on this website) to help you grow your wealth.
- Follow us on social media. We’re on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn so you can get our newest content right in your feed!
- Book a 1:1 private session with me. Want help planning your retirement? Want me to help you create a custom, step-by-step strategy for you to achieve financial independence as quickly as possible? Book time with me and let’s talk!
If you’ve read my personal story, you know I deeply believe that knowledge about wealth management is one of the most empowering things you can acquire.
If I have any valuable lessons to share that can help you build financial security so you can spend time doing the things you love, with the people you love, that’s the most impactful thing I can do.
And if you’re kind enough to share your own story back with me, I’d be immensely grateful. You can always contact me directly at andrew at hackyourwealth dot com.
I read ALL my email every day and respond to subscriber questions every day.
So, stick around and explore our posts and tools. I think you’ll get a ton of value and insight from them!
Check out our best posts first:
- How much do you need to retire and how soon can you retire?
- How long will your savings last in retirement?
- Traditional vs. Roth? How to double-dip on the tax benefits of BOTH
- What is a self directed Solo 401k plan? And why it beats a SEP, SIMPLE, IRA, and Roth IRA (hint: contribution limits)
- How to take a year off, earn 6 figures, get a step-up in stock basis, convert taxable IRA dollars into tax-free Roth IRA dollars — and legally pay zero taxes on it all
- How to avoid capital gains taxes when selling your house
- House Hacking series: How we’re creating real estate wealth by having others pay for our multi-million dollar house
- Health savings account rules: What is an HSA, how it works with a high deductible health plan, HSA contribution limits, and strategies to optimize it
- Life insurance: How to calculate exactly how much you need in 4 simple steps
- How to set up a revocable living trust (with sample trust document)…and why setting up a trust now will save you LOTS of time and money later
- How to write a will
- 4 Insights That Analyzing My Income And Expenses Taught Me About Attaining Financial Freedom
- 7 Lessons I’ve Learned From Building Side Business Income
- The Best Investing Strategy I Learned For Growing My Net Worth (Including The Online Tool I Now Use To Implement The Strategy. Hint: It’s Free.)
- Collection of all my side business income reports
Check out our best tools and spreadsheets
- Tools and resources I use every day for hacking wealth
- The exact spreadsheet I use to analyze my income, expenses, and net wealth
- The Retirement Calculator I use to analyze how much I need to retire and when I can retire (useful insights in less than 2 minutes!)
- Retirement withdrawal calculator to analyze how long your savings will last in retirement (in less than 15 seconds)
- Traditional vs. Roth spreadsheet: see what you’ll personally save with a tax-deferred upfront strategy (in less than 60 seconds)
- Life Insurance Spreadsheet: calculate exactly how much life insurance you need, plus whether term life vs. return of premium insurance is a better deal
- Real estate valuation spreadsheet to quickly compare properties side by side (in less than 30 seconds)
- Free video tutorial: How to Analyze a Rental Property (What to Look For)
- The exact spreadsheet I use to analyze the monthly financial impact of owning vs. renting my home
- Checklist and spreadsheet I created to help you take a year off, earn 6 figures, and pay zero taxes