Given how big of a shock the events of 2020 were for just about everyone on the planet, what changes to the tax rules happened as a result?
This week I invited Katelynn Minott, CPA and managing partner at Bright!Tax, to share key tax filing updates to be aware of when you file your tax returns this year.
What you’ll learn:
- Tax treatment of CARES Act stimulus checks
- Healthcare related tax updates (e.g., qualified medical expense deductions)
- Updates to retirement plan rules (e.g., contributions, withdrawals, inherited IRAs)
- Tips for reducing investment income taxes
- Education related changes (e.g., student loan payments)
- Charitable donation changes
- Commonly missed business deductions for self-employed / sole proprietors
- Tax issues and updates applicable to remote workers (e.g., state tax residency rules, foreign earned income exclusion for expats)
What other 2020 tax filing questions do you have? Let me know by leaving a comment and, if there are enough, I’ll send them to Katelynn for feedback!
Don’t miss an episode, hit that subscribe button…
If you liked this episode, be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any upcoming episodes!
I need your help, please leave a listener review 🙂
If you liked this episode, would you please leave a quick review on Apple Podcasts? It’d mean the world to me and your review also helps others find my podcast, too!